If I can, I prefer to make something, so I know what’s in it. I made up this recipe for baby muffins with pear, oats, cinnamon and yogurt.
These have no actual cane sugar but they do have a bit of maple syrup and vanilla to sweeten them slightly. I tried the brown butter thing with these to add some further interest. Yeah.
They’re soft and lovely and very tasty. The only problem is their mini size – makes them a bit too easy for the big people to gobble up. I made a pile of them and stick a few in little freezer bags so I can grab some whilst tearing out the door.
Pear & Maple Brown Butter Baby Muffins Recipe
- 170gr butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- Half cup milk
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp yogurt plus bit of yoghurt liquid
- Pinch salt
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 pears peeled and finely chopped
- Squeeze of lemon
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Brown the butter over a medium heat. (you want it nutty and golden, not burnt)
- Mix oats with the pear and all the wet ingredients
- Mix Flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture then the browned butter, combine gently
- Spoon into greased mini muffin tin, until skewer (erm, chopstick) comes out clean. About 15mins.