I made these awesome gluten free Cinnamon Vanilla Quinoa Pancakes with quinoa flour for my mum.
Gluten is a great friend of mine, but considering all the bread and pasta and baked things we eat, I think it’s good to use a variety of flours, so that it’s not just wheat all the time.
These pancakes have a warm, nutty flavour. The cinnamon and vanilla help balance that quinoa taste, and they are totally delicious just warm, even with nothing on them at all.
Cinnamon Vanilla Quinoa Pancakes Recipe
Adapted from Rachel Ray. I used butter instead of oil, and also used a little bit more baking powder, vanilla & cinnamon.
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2.5 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 50g melted butter, plus more for cooking
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla paste
- 2 eggs
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients together
- Add the wet to the dry and mix to combine
- Add a little butter to your hot pan and swirl around
- Add spoonfuls of the batter to the pan and cook for a few minutes, flip when bubbles appear over the surface and cook a further couple of mins.
- Eat warm