These are because I was bored with muffins and couldn’t be bothered to make cookies. I needed something for a picnic for a video shoot with children & parents. Melt, mix, squash in the pan, bake, cool, cut, pack. Rush out the door. leave picnic behind in the driveway after packing everything else. Call friend to pick it up.
These are not too sweet or sticky because I halved the sugar.
- 165g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons of molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees & grease a pan and line with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, sugar & molasses together until smooth. Add the eggs & mix well.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined. Don’t over mix. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Squash into the pan evenly. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for around 25 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.